Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Return of the Pied Piper of R & B


After a little while in his lab, R. Kelly is back after his 2012 album, "Write me back" with his latest song called "My story" which features rave rapper of the moment 2 Chainz.  This hypnotic offering is fresh off his upcoming 12th album predictably titled "Black Panties". 

My story was released to a global army of fans yesterday (29th of July) and is already receiving rave reviews and comments from the faithful who have followed him from his first album "Born into the 90s" and re-introduce him to a whole new generation of fans who probably weren't born when he made his debut.

Close followers of R may recall that he performed this track at the 2013 BET Awards earlier this year. A bodacious song carried by some tight throbbing guitar play interspersed by some mean percussion that gets your head bobbing. 2 Chainz as usual throws down brilliantly  

The track is an emphatic return by a consummate artist who we have come to associate with fantastic music. No wonder Billboard in 2011 named him the R &  B artiste of the last 25 years.







2 comments:

  1. I've been an R. Kelly fan for ages. In fact 'Born Into The 90s' was the very first LP I ever bought! I think I still know most of the lyrics :)

    But the man seems to be almost incapable of producing an album where 95% of the songs are not purely about how much he enjoys sex. Don't get me wrong, I like to wax that booty like the next man, but Mr Kelly's compulsive obsession with the lustful pleasures of life has got him into serious trouble on at least one occassion.

    And it seems he hasn't learnt his lesson yet if he still releasing songs with titles like 'Black Panties'. I mean, come-on!! Even Keith Sweat who embraced the sex themed sub-genre knew when to call it a day.

    I think R Kelly has a wonderful talent that shouldn't go to waste, but why oh why Mr Kelly can't you leave the booty alone for 5 minutes? E neva dooo??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! R. Kelly is a booty addict. He is like most geniuses , a vice is always there.

    ReplyDelete